28 March 2021
Weeknotes 025: Hello tuppence
- The Chef got her second vaccine. Fortunately the same week as she had some use-em-or-lose-em holidays to fill with naps.
- I had a shorter week too and we spent Monday playing on the beach. First coast trip of the year with all the March classics; Fish and chips, ice cream, “cool dude” glasses, five layers, giving the Stella drinkers a wide berth, sandcastles, splodging.
- Everyone in the immediate family is vaccinated (bar me). We’re on for a less worrisome return to nursery after Easter. Even when she licks another child, she shouldn’t kill her grandparents.
- Piglet is ready for it. She’s started treating her toys as friends, saying “hello”, “I love you” and asking to hold their hands.
- That’s the sweet side of her development. Less sugary is the birth of the tantrum. Puce-faced, tears streaming and riots of, “No no no no no no” at the suggestion that she put clothes on before she goes out.
- In between those poles, she’s a victim to rhythm. If a song comes on that she digs during a meal it’s a straight, “Bib off. Dancing”
- I gave up working from the kitchen cabinet and switched the office and library round. Now we’ve a big enough office to avoid neck strain and a small enough library to call a reading nook. We’ve no chair or shelves, so it looks like a haunted bookshop with a beanbag nestled amidst the piles of literature of dubious quality.
- Celebrated the switch by taking Friday off too. We went for a very, very cold walk around the Rising Sun. Despite the polar temperatures, we figured ice cream was still in order. There was no ice cream. Then a horse nibbled Piglet. It was time to come home and have pizza instead.
- I’ve noticed Piglet’s bilingualism has led to more persistent patience than a typical toddler. If she feels she’s not getting attention, she’ll switch language and try again.
- We went to A Different Park today. It was almost like going on holiday. They even had a trampoline built into the ground. And I got my ice cream.
Weeknotes 024: How do you want to do tonight?
I guess everyone in my RSS had a quiet Sunday at the same point last week. We started the week going round the houses dropping off homemade
Weeknotes 026: Eggs come from chickens
Let’s not bury the lede this week. Piglet had her first sleep out. F■■■ yes! She spent the night at Lǎolao and Lǎoyé’s and we were filled with the